If you are having problems with your email, please read through our help guide to try and solve any issues and hopefully get your emails working again.
Check your Webmail
The first thing to check, is whether your webmail is still working. This is an email client that is provided from the cPanel on your hosting account. It enables you to access all your email accounts and as opposed to having emails delivered to your desktop or your iPhone for example, webmail allows users to check their emails from a web browser.
You can access your webmail using a web browser and adding /webmail to the end of your domain such as:
Using the email login details that you already have; you should be able to access the webmail account and view your emails.
If webmail is working but you are still experiencing problems accessing your emails on a device, please try one of the following guides.
If these guides have still not helped solve your issue, there are some other things to consider such as:
- is my software up to date (especially iPhones)?
- have you restarted the device?
- have you changed the password for your email account but then, not updated it for the email account within your device settings?
- please check all the settings on your chosen device for the email account, are they still correct?
Please note that if you are using an Apple or Android device and you can login to webmail, you can automatically configure your device, by clicking on the ‘CP Webmail Home’ icon in the top right-hand corner.
This opens the homepage for that email account, where you can select the option ‘Automatically configure my device’ (as below). This allows you to then select your device, where an install file will be downloaded and will automatically create the necessary configuration settings onto your device.
Webmail will not work so nothing will work
If webmail will not work when you try to login, then please try the following suggestions.
- Is my IP address blocked? To find out what your IP address is, you can search the web for ‘What’s my IP’ and click on one of the search results, such as https://www.whatsmyip.org/ and it will display your IP address (i.e. 220.127.116.11).
Note: You MUST do this from the device that you are experiencing the problem with as for example, your home PC will have a different IP address from your Android phone.
You will then need to send us your IP address, so we can make sure that it is not blocked, which will then eliminate this step, in helping to solve your issue.
- Domain Name Renewal – Do you own the domain? Has your domain been renewed? You will need to check and make sure that your domain is currently active and has not been cancelled for any reason, such as unpaid domain fees or that the domain has expired as it has not been renewed.
A very helpful tool in diagnosing issues with email is the MX Toolbox which can be found here; https://mxtoolbox.com/ and its partner, the MX SuperTool (https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx), where you can check all kinds of configuration settings for your website.
Windows 10 Mail configuration for SwindonDesign clients
Open Windows Mail by clicking the Start button and then Windows Mail as below.
Click the Options icon in the bottom left corner
Select Manage accounts
Select Add account
Select Advanced setup
Select Internet email
Enter your email address, a username, your email account password, an account name for you to recognise the account, a name to be displayed when sending messages, the incoming and outgoing server which will be mail.swindondesign.co.uk and the account type as either POP3 or IMAP4 (IMAP supports more features).
Click ‘Sign In’ when complete and you should now be able to view your emails.
If you have read through our guide and tried as many of the tips to help solve your issue but you are still having problems, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your issue and we will endeavour to help solve your problem.